About Focus meeting
On behalf of the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) and the local organising committee we would like to welcome you to the 5th EPUAP Focus Meeting, in Sønderborg, Denmark. The meeting is organised in cooperation with Danish Healing Society, University of Lüebeck, Hospital Sønderjylland and Municipality of Sønderborg.
The EPUAP Focus Meeting is a unique initiative aimed at exchanging knowledge among scientists, clinicians, R&D and industry in regard to the latest developments in special areas of pressure ulcer research and practice. The focus meeting is intended to give room for in-depth discussion about special topics, to identify knowledge and technological gaps, as well as clinical needs in the pressure ulcer field and establish a platform of discussion for academia and industry.
Why attend the EPUAP Focus meeting?
- New international clinical guidelines on prevention and treatment of pressure ulcer will be presented
- New Danish clinical guidelines will be launched
- Possibility to see how pressure ulcer prevention is managed in nursing homes in Sønderborg municipality
- Receive an overview of current research and development trends in academia in regard to a spectrum of knowledge and technologies in the pressure ulcer field.
- Receive an overview of current trends in commercialized technology in the pressure ulcer field as well as of needs and technological gaps identified by the industry.
- Opportunities for commercialization of inventions and technologies which are still at the research lab phase.
- Obtain an overview of the state-of-the-art in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment technology which is currently being developed at research labs internationally in the academia.
- Scientists and companies have opportunities to work together towards commercialization of technologies – starting at an early stage of development of the technology – and in particular, to jointly shape the course of R&D so that it meets true clinical needs and bridges actual gaps which have been identified by the industry.
- It is an appropriate environment for informal discussions that encourages follow-up contacts between scientists and companies such as for the development of technologies, consultation projects for companies etc.