You are warmly invited to submit abstracts on any topics related to the main theme on the meeting: Patient safety: Prevention and communication
Among the topics addressed in the scientific programme of the focus meeting we would like to highlight:
- Patient safety: prevention and communication
- Quality management and patient safety
- “In safe hands”: The Sønderborg Concept
- From guideline to practice
- Health technologies at the bedside
Abstract submission deadline:
26 February 2021
Acceptance notification deadline:
12 March 2021
When submitting your abstract please follow the EPUAP Focus Meeting 2021 Guidelines, available here.
- The abstract word limit is max 350 words per abstract. The EPUAP Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should not exceed 200 characters including spaces. Please limit the numbers of authors to no more than 5, and indicate each author’s affiliation. Do not use titles (e.g. ‘Dr.’, ‘Mrs.’) for author names.
- Max. 2 tables/figures
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website and in the abstract book for the conference. By submitting an abstract to the EPUAP meeting, you transfer all Copyrights to EPUAP, for the purpose of publishing the abstract in any printed or electronic form. Author’s use of the material for educational purposes, inclusion in other publications, as well as posting it in the author’s website is allowed.
- Individuals may submit more than one abstract, but max. 3 abstracts with the same presenting author can be submitted
- There will be a poster presentation, authors will have the opportunity to present their poster during the coffee and lunch breaks.
- All abstracts must be submitted in the abstract template.)
The authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to exhibit their poster during the poster viewing which is scheduled in the focus meeting programme during the lunch and coffee breaks
The EPUAP President will announce the best poster award at the Meeting Dinner.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the scientific committee of EPUAP and you will be informed of the outcome of your application by the abstract review deadline.
All successful applicants will be required to register as a delegate to the conference and pay the registration fee, as a condition for inclusion of their abstract in the programme.
Step-by-step guideline: How to submit an abstract
Before starting the submission process
Prepare your abstract of maximum 350 (excl. title) words and insert it into the template, which can be downloaded here or from the submission system.
Submitting an abstract
1. Login to the system using the provided link. You will be asked to enter your e-mail, name, affiliations and contact details to create a profile. If you have attended previous EPUAP events, your login will still be active.
2. After completing your profile, click the button saying “Abstracts”
3. Choose “Submit an abstract” if you wish to submit a new abstract, or “View my abstracts” if you wish to see your already submitted abstracts. Please note that no changes can be made online to already submitted abstracts.
4. Upload your abstract. The system checks if you have used the template and if you didn’t exceed the number of words used. Click “Next”.
5. Enter the abstract title. Click “Next”.
6. Choose the presentation type you wish to submit for: poster presentation or invited speaker. Please note that you may be offered another presentation type if the reviewers recommend this. Click “Next”.
7. Add the authors of the abstract. You can choose yourself by clicking on button “I am an author” and add more authors by typing the e-mail addresses, names and affiliations of the authors. Click “Next”.
8. Presenting author / speaker: Add the presenting author by choosing “ I will be the speaker” or choose a speaker from the list of authors by clicking “Choose a speaker”.
9. Conditions: Please answer accept the publication and upload of your abstract by choosing “Accept”. Then indicate if you have a conflict of interest by clicking “Accept” or “Reject”.
10. Summary: A summary of your choices and a preview of your abstract will be visible. If you wish to change anything, click the “Back” button below the summary.
If you agree with the summary, click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. A pop-up window will open asking if you are sure that you wish to submit, Click “Submit “again.
Please note that your abstract is not submitted until you have clicked “Submit” in the pop-up window and you are directed to https://epuapfocusmeeting.org/.